Friday, June 20, 2014

Receiving our Lord's peace in time of trial -


The peace I felt was indescribable.  I woke up this morning at 4 am, faced with a very troubling situation.  After praying while crying heavily for some time, I gathered myself up and took to the road.  Driving hither and thither, looking every which way, I drove and I prayed.  I gave my body, mind and soul to the Lord and asked for His guidance, His wisdom, His strength for me to deal with what it was I was faced with.  I surrendered to His will and simply prayed.  I made a few probing calls and then continued driving and praying from the depth of my soul.  Then as if all the burden, weight, and pain from my body was lifted off.  I felt internal peace!  I am not using these words sparsely here. With all honesty I cannot explain what phenomenon occurred in that moment, in that car; but it relieved me of my tension, my stress, my anxiousness, and my worry.  I knew God my Lord had heard me and all was going to be well.  I was to leave it to Him to resolve and carry on my day with Him by my side.  Soon after I resolved to this, I offered a fast for the day to my Lord for his blessing, mercy and love.  To give thanks for His presence in my life.  I came home and laid on my bed and prayed some more.  My God, the Lord Almighty answered my prayers, as alas, I received the call I had been waiting for.  Thank you God!  THOU ART GREAT!!!  

Now, look at the words in the scripture I decided to post here.  Does my experience this morning not reflect those words exactly?  When will people of this earth realize the power of our Lord? When will they open their eyes to His wonders?  When will they embrace His grace? For those that have never felt such a feeling, I ask, what are you waiting for?  Why are you longing for anything?  Why do you worry? For the Lord our God has said; 

"Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on.  Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing?  Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them.  Are you not of more value than they?  
Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?  
So why do you worry about clothing?  Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.  Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?  
Therefore do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For after all these things the Gentiles seek. 
For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things." 
Matthew 6:25-32           


Seek Him.  Worship Him.  Praise Him. Turn to Him.  Do not stay in your worried states.  Do not be dismayed.  Do not remain in anger.  Certainly do not hate each other.  For that is not our purpose.  For His guidance for each of us is unique.  Let Him prepare you for the days that await you and point you in the right direction.  He is with you continually, so don't be intimidated by fear.  Though it stalks you, it cannot harm you, as long as you cling to His hand and keep your eyes on Him.  He speaks to us constantly, perhaps not in words but He speaks in faces and voices of loved ones, and softly in the depths of your spirit.  You can find Him in each moment, when you have eyes that see and ears that hear.  Simply ask His spirit to sharpen your spiritual eyesight and hearing.  

My dear people, don't just read these words.  Feel them inside of you.  Let them take hold of you.  Let them work within you to restore you.  Feel His forgiveness.  Feel His love for His people.  Feel His strength become yours.  Let Him lead you.  Surrender to His will.  You will be surprised by how very easy it becomes.  Thank you Lord for Your reassurance, Your presence, Your love, Your mercy and Your forgiveness.  Thank you my dear Lord for Your peace within me.  


No comments:

Post a Comment