Friday, August 29, 2014

Optimist-Pessimist-Realist-Me...




You know what the difference between a pessimist, an optimist and a realist is?  There are many jokes explaining the difference.  One I like is; a pessimist says the glass is half empty, an optimist says the glass is half full, and a realist drinks the glass of water and asks what's next.  And the difference between all three of these categories and me is...(drum roll please)... They chose to be classified, and I just chose to be happy! Yup.  That's it.  There is not a single thing to complain about in my opinion.  Even the worst of times that I may be going through, I thank God for.  I have been calleelf-righteous and sanctimonious, and have been told that the thin air on my high horse is affecting my thinking.  You know what I say?  I say, I am covered by God's grace and am not at all bothered by the words of those that do not understand.  It simply makes me smile.  

It's hard for people to understand or perhaps accept that a change is indeed possible.  What always was, doesn't always have to be.  As in, if a person acted  badly for a long period of time, doesn't mean that is how they will be for the rest of their lives.  Everyone goes through situations in life that changes them, and allowing that change to occur gives them an opportunity to not go back to what wasn't working.  Christ blessed the promiscuous woman, when no one else would dare speak to her and had casted her away.  She was anew in Christ and was cleansed. Christ died so that we can have that connection with our Lord without the guilt and condemnation we once felt.  He asks that we not commit the sins we once did. Ok, all mind games aside, let's see what our beloved Lord has to say on the topic of change and transformation.  

"I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.  I will put My spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them."  
Ezekiel 36:26-27

"Having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides forever." 
1 Peter 1:23

So what will you chose today?  Noticing that the glass is empty, full, or just drink it?  Try praising God and being happy perhaps, eh? If loving my God, and thanking Him for the blessings he bestows on me is being self-righteous and sanctimonious, then yes, YES I am that.  And I am not sorry about it.  I don't feel depressed, sad, lonely, angry, guilty or any other negative feeling.  As situations present themselves to me, I turn to God and ask for His help and His guidance.  I trust that He will see me through them as He promises us He will.  What God knows about me is more important than what others think about me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment