Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Draw me nearer Lord!




You know that feeling in your heart.  That feeling of something wrong.  The feeling that something is missing.  That feeling that you forgot something important.  Well I have been walking for days now with that nagging feeling.  Every day the feeling gets stronger and I grow weaker.  The problem is, I do know what's wrong.  I certainly know what's missing.  And I surely have forgotten something very important.  I my dear friends have wandered away from my God.  He has not abandoned me.  He never does.  Yet I have faltered.  It's always us that does the leaving.  It's always us who strays and it's always us who blames Him for not being there for us.  How unfair!

My dear readers; today raise your hands and pray with me.  Pray that our Lord, the Savior of our souls, draws us nearer to Him, so that we too can relish in His abundant love.  Pray that He, our Salvation, draws us nearer to Him, so that we are not caught in sin.  Pray to our Lord, the Mighty that He draws us nearer to Him, so that we too can shower our love on the needy.  Let's all say:

"I will bless the Lord at all times;
His praise shall continually be in my mouth.
My soul shall make its boast in the Lord; 
The humble shall hear of it and be glad.
Oh, magnify the Lord with me, 
And let us exalt His name together.
I south the Lord, and He heard me,
And delivered me from all my fears.

Psalm 34:1-4 

"In You, O Lord, I put my trust;
Let me never be put to shame.
For You are my hope, O Lord God;
You are my trust from my youth.
Let my mouth be filled with Your praise
And with Your glory all the day.

Psalm 71:1, 5, 8


Whom them shall I praise?  Whom them shall I praise?

Our dear beloved Lord!  
The Savior of our Souls! 
The Mighty!  
The Forgiver!  
The Restorer!  
The Generous!  
The Provider!  
The Merciful!
The Creator!  


Hear my pleas O Lord and draw me nearer to You, so that I can once again walk in Your presence and be blessed by Your mercy.  Lord please forgive me my sins and allow me to humble myself.  Blessed God, please take the love for the world out of my heart and fill it with your bountiful mercy for everyone.  Lord use me for Your purpose.  In Your magnificent name I pray this.  Amen! 

No comments:

Post a Comment